Thursday, December 18, 2008

Apologies and post #2

I would like to apologize to both my classmates and my professor that this has not been updated regularly. This semester has been a big mess for me and I fell behind with this project. Luckily, I have kept up with my research and involvement with my topic, I’ve just been terrible with postings. So I apologize. I hope you enjoy it now!

EDIT: Apparently I’m really bad at this blog thing, because it didn’t post any of the posts I added last week because I wasn’t saving it, and it posted blank. So I apologize yet again! But here it goes: This should work now.

Post #2 – specific aspect:

One related to my topic of Homosexuality in America’s High schools, is Michael Glatze. He was once a large advocate and activist for gay rights and was involved extensively with gay youth. In one article I found of him, he had declared that he was no longer gay and had given up activism. The article can be found here: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=42379.

I find this man to be ridiculous. He claims that he simply “stopped being gay” and is now “liberated.” Bull. This man is a disgrace. Talk about marginalization. Here is a man, who once considered himself gay, “renouncing” this former aspect of his life and using God and religion as a shield. It’s all about religion. It’s brainwashing.

I find it hard to believe that he simply just stopped being gay and was all of a sudden liberated and saved. I seriously wonder what this man went through to make him come to the conclusion that making a move like this would be a good idea. He’s alienating his friends and former allies. What a slap in the face for those in the young gay community who looked up to him as an editor of the Young Gay America magazine. I wish I knew what was going on inside his head to create this kind of animosity.

One of my biggest pet peeves are those that believe or perpetuate the belief that homosexuality is some sort of choice and that they’re all going to hell for sinning. Glatze is an abomination to the gay community. He is lying, or had been in the past. Whatever his true sexual orientation, he lied one way or another, he has most likely lost the support of most.

Unfortunately, people like Glatze are the ones who get the most coverage. After all, controversy gets more readers than those that are working hard every day doing good. Heck, I even chose to write this blog about him instead of someone simple and non-controversial.

No comments: